To get started there are two main things we need. A list of your creditors and proof of income.
What to Bring:
1. List of all creditors, including balances, account numbers and their addresses or bring all your bills. If you are buying a vehicle and/or a house, bring all loan information you can find. A credit report can help remind you of the creditors you owe. We recommend you get a free credit report to assist you in your preparation and bring it will you. At www.annualcreditreport.com you can print one out for free. We can also pull two credit reports for you at our office.
2. Proof of income for the past six months, starting one month prior to your
appointment. This can be in the form of pay stubs or a print out from your employer. Household income is what we need. If you are living with your spouse, we need proof of income for both of you even if your spouse is not filing with you.
Although you do not need to have this initially, we will eventually need either income tax returns or transcripts. If you already have tax returns in your possession, it is best to bring in returns for the past two years at your initial consultation. Ultimately, for Chapter 7, we will need to provide the Trustee a copy of a tax return for the year that has last come due. For Chapter 13, we will need to provide the Trustee with the last four years of tax transcripts. You can get these transcripts free from the IRS by calling 1-800-908-9946 or we can order them for you. The service we order them from charges $35.
Areas of Practice
Let us help you get a fresh new start.
Our Pledge To You
• We will consult with you without charge. There is no fee unless you decide to file.
• We will make the process affordable for you. Our Fees and Costs »
• We will do all the paperwork. No stacks of confusing forms.
• Your case will be handled by an attorney, not a legal assistant.
• We will be with you every step of the way to make sure you get a fresh start.
The Harris Law Firm has over 30 years experience in helping Arkansans file both Chapter 7 and Chapter 13. Give yourself a fresh new start — call us at 501-372-6985 or set an appointment online. We offer free consultations. There is never a fee unless you decide to file.
We represent clients in most of Arkansas including Pulaski County, Jefferson County, Faulkner County, Garland County, Lonoke County, Hot Springs County, Saline County, Little Rock, North Little Rock, Hot Springs, Malvern, Benton, Bryant, Cabot, Conway, Pine Bluff, Searcy, Sherwood, Jacksonville, Russellville and Lonoke. See Arkansas Counties We Practice In for a full list. We are a debt relief agency. We help Arkansans file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code. No information on this website or contact through this website should be interpreted as giving legal advise or creating an attorney-client relationship. Please read our Terms and Conditions page.